Two awesome posters for GitS. TOLING YOU GUISE…
1. Sweet! Some good news finally, on this Inhumans IMAX project: Iwan Rheon has been cast as Maximus the Mad. link!
2. Fans of Rob Zombie will no doubt be delighted to learn he is doing voice work on GoG2. I mean, because, the alternative would have been presumably a world where Rob Zombie didn’t. link!
3. Here’s a cast photo from Alien: Covenant. You can also watch some long ‘Last Supper’ scene if you wish. I shant and I wont. link!
5. I don’t know why everyone is so hung up on the next X-Men film apparently being another stab at the Dark Phoenix story. Sure, it’s more effective once the character of Jean Grey has actually been around for awhile first, and sure, it was half-assedly attempted in X-Men 3, but come on, it’s the franchise’s signature story. More interesting to me is the nod to Simon Kimberg moving from production to a central role as likely director. Meaning please please please free us from Bryan Singer as I have hoped. I’m prefer Vaughn again, but still. Forward. link!
6. Interesting: Battle Angel Alita has finished principle photography, and it’s been revealed that Michelle Rodriguez plays supporting character Gelda, a cyborg. Why would this have been a secret? Full mo-cap? Or something else? I know very little about the source material (surprising some, I’m sure) so I’m optimistic, just from the potential alone. link!
7. I like these new packagings for these Star Wars figures, which appear to be the Black Series but with cards made to look like the original Kenner blisters, which I love. That poseable Stormptrooper is the LIVING SHIT, but also, I was drawn to C-3PO’s silver leg, as it tugged at my memory but I couldn’t place it. Apparently no one else can agree on it either. Fans argued all sorts of stuff, which got more discombobulated the farther along we got in the production of the films, which retconned the hell out of themselves with the prequels and the EU stuff. I do remember now that his shin looked different, particularly on Tattooine, but it manifested as a reflective, just shinier gold. Anthony Daniels was quoted as saying that it was always silver, designed to make it look like a retrofit, but on tattooine particularly, it was reflecting the sand and the gold next to it. Anyway, fun diversion during a deadline for this guy.
8. Matt Reeves is confirmed for Batman, I guess. OK! link!
Yvonne Strahovsky joined Predator?! Now two homina homina doomed soldiers or what have you!
Jamie Chung jumped on board the X-Men series as Blink. Sure, OK, I like her a lot, let’s see her in purple…
I’m two episodes in on Legion. We will be discussing on the Robot-Kraken Podcast soon. Amazing. Also, ALL THE THREES.
Chief of Ninja Group