As much as I don’t want to see anything more from Alien: Covenant, my blackout collapsed when this showed up. GREAT poster. And completely the opposite of most of the better Alien posters which are still, isolated, and claustrophobic. Well DONE!
1. Justice league promo posters and clips are Jack Blacking their way into you this week.
Flash and Wonder Woman have unremarkable posters.
But, isn’t Aquaman’s costume a hot mess here? All they had to do was give Jason Momoa some leather pants with a scale pattern and some trident and a weird crown and call it a day. link!
Meanwhile, Batman has a possibly inaccurate shiny chest symbol here, and criss-crossy arm bracer straps. The trailer comes Saturday, but in this little clip, you can see the Batmobile peppering a Parademon. link!
2. I was pretty down with the rumor that Brad Pitt was shortlisted for Cable in Deadpool 2. He’s got great comedic timing, even as a straight face role. Here’s some concept art validating how he could look, and it’s great. link!
Meanwhile the scuttlebutt is that Michael Shannon is in the lead. Who knows, really, but that works too, eh!
3. [Spoilers for the one lung I’m aware of that haven’t seen Rogue One] I love reading about alternate storylines or ending narratives for projects I loved… these are a few interesting variants on Rogue One. Earlier this week we read about versions where Krennic survived only to be killed by Vader, and another just rehashing the two-base scheme originally planned on the surface. But each of these has an interesting component to it. link!
4. The Terminator franchise is dead! Unless it’s not dead! link!
5. Here’s a short look at examples of country-specific changes to popular animated films. Pretty interesting! link! My favorite reminder of this is when I mis-rip a Blu-Ray of a film and the writing on objects like signage or what have you is in another language. I quite enjoy it.
6. Lego Collectors Edition Snowspeeder? YES PLEASE link!
This IMAX poster for GOG 2 is coloriffic and I love it so.
And these character shots made to look like groovy bubble gum cards are excellent as well. link!
8. This posits, among other things, that Qui-Gon Jin was an unwise Jedi Master. It’s certainly my read, but I’m not convinced they felt this way when the scripts were written and the films were shot. link!
OK, back to reality. Civil liberties are being incinerated, and I need coffee…
Chief of Ninja Group