Well, good news if you are a Guardians fan… James Gunn is writing and directing the third film. That’s the longest contiguous production in Marvel’s history. I love it.
Robot’s Root, 21 April 2017:
- ‘Those people who said this was as good as Empire must really be into file formats’ cue Saw throwing stink eye at his thumb drive. Pretty Honest. THEIR WEAKNESS TO STICKS.
- Great study on ‘What Makes Always Sunny Still Funny’… I mean, YEAH, but I never really thought about how well defined the family lives of the characters were in forming their individual character traits.
- Earthling Cinema explains The Arrival, I movie I loved, but not as much as this explanation of it.
- Ian McShane threw HBO under the bus, saying they already have a Deadwood shooting script. GOD DAMN IOT!
- If you enjoy Game of Thrones, and if you enjoy generating fan theories about WTF, then you may enjoy this Fan Theory Generator. I tried it out. Legit:
Petyr Baelish is secretly dead
Who wants Sansa dead? Cersei, who believes that she had a part in Joffrey’s murder. Who has been spending a lot of time with Sansa lately? Petyr Baelish. It’s possible that Cersei has sent a Faceless Man after Sansa, and this Faceless Man has killed Petyr and taken his face. He fed Sansa to the Boltons because he was dead certain (spot the pun!) that she wouldn’t survive them. She did, so now he’s hatched Plan B of being right next to her in Winterfell so that he can finally eliminate her.
- No gusto, but I’m not the target market for a teen soap Cloak and Dagger show.
- Best quote about why it’s better Jeff Goldblum isn’t in blueface in Thor: Ragnatole:
Goldblum has transcended acting to that place where he’s invited to films to basically be himself. Making him blue, while comics accurate, would have just put an artificial barrier between us and what is surely going to be an epic performance.
- From Lung: The Kraken Piescraper. YUSSSS
- You may not be the target market, but as someone who routinely plays Hans Zimmer soundtracks nearly every day, I’m disappointed to find out he actually brought the orchestra to SF when I wasn’t looking. Previously when the tour was announced it was only select cities. Anyway, I’d have definitely sprung for it. Check out the Inception performance at Coachella, otherwise known as the Burning Man for Rich Hollywood Types Who Dont Realize The Organizer Funds Anti LGBT Organization and Is Linked to the Kochs.
- 10 more X-Files will be X-Filing away in the near future. Let’s hope they’re the good kind.
- A rejiggered Passengers that may solve some plot points. Did I post this? Anyway I liked the film anyway. But here.
- Much is being made of Joss Whedon saying he’s obsessed with Barbara Gordon’s ‘damage’ that led her to becoming so hardcore as Batgirl, which I think is a misnomer. He was saying it in the context of: what drives a young woman without a tragic past to enter this life, in the absence of the default everyone’s-a-superhero comics world? Not damage so much as drive. But since Gordon is linked to Killing Joke (which, at least temporarily, ENDED her Batgirl role) it immediately means everyone assumes Whedon will make Gordon a survivor of something. On the other hand, one of the best things about the Batgirl Year One series several years ago was that it effectively showed Barbara setting out as Batgirl because she wanted the thrill and the freedom. It was FUN. I’d love to see that on film.
- The pedigree for Captain marvel is getting interesting. One writer from GoG, one from Inside Out, and co-indie directors from Mississippi Grind.
Mireille Enos, Greg Kinnear and Steve Buscemi have joined ‘Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams’ which adds some heft to the anthology series…
- Lastly, I leave you with this. See you in the bunker.